PDA

View Full Version : Is There Salvation Outside of Christ?

AlwaysLoved
05-10-2008, 06:25 PM
"God is no respecter of persons" (Acts 10.34). It's an even playing field for everybody. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14.6). "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4.12). "Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2.9). "Man is not justified by the works, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works: for by the works shall no flesh be justified" (Gal. 2.16).

"Believe on him to life everlasting" (1 Tim. 1.16). "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3.16). "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD [Jehovah], and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Is. 43.10). "I am the Lord, and there is no other Savior" (v.11). "From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can oppose what I do. No one can reverse my actions" (v.13). "I-yes, I alone-am the one who blots out your sins for my own sake and will remember thy sins no more" (v.25). "I am he; I am the first, I also am the last" (48.12).

Jesus said, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending" (Rev. 1.8). "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last" (v.11). "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (22.13). By the way, this is how I came to Christ, by realizing intuitively one day in conversation, He was the beginning and the end, the first and last, and it all ends with Him. "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (John 8.24). He is saying He is the only one!

Billy Graham says, "whether you come from the Muslim world, the Buddhist world or the non-believing world, they are members of the body of Christ". Oprah Winfrey says, "there are millions of ways. Many paths to what you call God. There could not possibly be just one way. What about Jesus? [sarcastically] What about the people who never heard of the name of Jesus? Does God care about whether you call His Son Jesus? I can't get into a religious argument with you." Oprah contradicts what Jesus said, that He is the only way. Yet, she calls herself a Christian.

God's plan is to call out or "to take out of them a people for his name" (Acts 15.14), but not the way Billy Graham claims nor Oprah. "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (Matt. 24.14). Many have not had the opportunity to hear the Gospel, but in their heart of hearts if they believe in the God of the mountains and the stars, they would surely accept the Lord Jesus as their Savior, and since God is no respecter of persons, He would not deny them. Do you believe Jesus is the only way, not whether you call Him by His name as Oprah misjudges and bears false witness of the Christian?

Either Jesus is right or Billy Graham and Oprah Winfrey are right. The same choice exists for you too. "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 10.33-34). Oprah has a spiritual problem. She is unsaved. I believe what is happening to Oprah is that she has to rationalize her views because she was caught on tv many years ago and it is getting worse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA&feature=related). She needs to juxtapose everything she ever said. Oprah Winfrey runs the largest church in the world. What do they teach?

mass trances;
who you are requires no belief;
heaven is not a location but refers to the inner realm of consciousness;
the man on the cross is an archetypal image. He is every man and every woman;
my mind is part of God's. I am very holy;
my holiness is my salvation;
my salvation comes from me;
let me remember there is no sin;
do not make the pathetic error of clinging to the old rugged cross;
instead of dying on the cross with Christ, you have to "overcome the cross". The only message of the crucifixion is that you have to and that you can overcome the cross.
Jesus did not come to die on the cross.
Oprah said it does not sit right with the God of the Bible being a jealous God. In reality she uses this verse as an excuse to reject God when she knows that it refers to God wanting our attention first and foremost above others. So she says she is against such doctrine as, "for the LORD thy God is a jealous God" (Deut. 6.15) and "I the LORD thy God am a jealous God" (Ex. 20.5). Eckhart Tolle whom she follows says he does not think about what happens to us after we die. He shuts his mind down to form his beliefs. Oprah says, "God is a feeling experience not a believing experience; and if your religion is still a believing experience then it is not truly God". Christians believe God is not an experience, but He is the only uncreated being from everlasting to everlasting. Our relationship with Jesus Christ is not limited to either our feelings or beliefs, but He treats our whole being: spirit, soul and body. If you change God into an experience then you are just worshiping self and your experiences as God. Separate the experiences of God's life from God Himself. They are not the same.

More quotes from Oprah Winfrey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5ILOsHLnw):

"There are certainly many more paths to God than just Christianity" (Oprah).

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4.12).

"Jesus came to show us Christ consciousness and how to do it which abides with all of us and is a different way of looking at Jesus, that it was not about his dying on the cross" (Oprah).

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed" (Is. 53.5). "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" (John 3.36).

"Man made God in his own image as a mental idol and that was exactly what I was feeling when i was sitting in church" (Oprah).

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" (Gen. 1.27).

"When you die you go back to the source or to further experiences of awakening that your mind can't comprehend now" (Oprah). Sounds like a form of reincarnation.

"It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Heb. 9.27).

Mass trances are the way Oprah will build her new age church by shutting the mind down, by emptying the mind like in Buddhism or Hinduism or through Pentecostalism tongues or what is called prayer-shouting and opening to false beliefs instead of being guided by God's loving Word and putting on the full armor of God to live by faith and leading of the Holy Spirit.

You have to understand something about Oprah Winfrey. Bill Keller corrected her in live tv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BjL4Y9UOpw&feature=related) about her various mistaken assumptions, yet she still shut her mind down the answers freely given to her by Bill.

Oprah said, "God is jealous of me". What arrogance? That is not what God said at all. Bill explained to her that there are no gods before God (the first commandment). He wants your attention and He loves you. This is what is meant by Him being a jealous God. Oprah doesn't like the doctrine and rules. Bill responded by telling her that the Word of God is not so much a book of rules, but the best and healthiest way to live your life. Man will add on rules, so don't blame man's rules for God's life. He explained to her as well that it is all about a relationship with Jesus Christ. The only hope we have is through Jesus because we are all sinners.

Do you see how Oprah has mistaken assumptions, but I would tell you that she knows better and doesn't care anyway. She says, "Jesus did not come to start Christianity". She says "the old spirituality is the hierarchy [the reality of this misstatement by Oprah is that there is no intermediary priesthood in the Church, though there are Apostles directly chosen by God] tells you how to behave outside of church; the new spirituality is you are your own best authority as you WORK to know and love yourself, you discover how to live a more spiritual life. The old is God and the path to worship Him have already been defined and all you need to do is follow the directions; the new is being able to listen within for your own definitions, your deeper longings are your own compass on this earth [yet, that is what Christians do to an extent, not beyond God's limits to walk by the Spirit indwelling their spirit]. The "old says there is only one path and all other ways are wrong; the new says many paths lead to spiritual freedom and peace. You have richer array of gems from which to draw illumination, religious traditions, mythology, psychology, healing methods, scientific wisdom, your own experiences to draw a necklace of your own." Bill says this is "spiritual crack, leaves you wanting more. It doesn't answer the questions, deal with the problems, and ultimately leads to a road of destruction. People love these new age teachings because it lets them believe whatever they want, do whatever they want without any accountability. They are lies from hell. There is absolute right and wrong. There is absolute truth, God's truth; not what each person decides it to be. Oprah, you are being used as a tool of Satan to lead the souls of men to hell". I noticed Oprah tries to perceive herself as being humble by saying her way cannot be the only way to salvation with over 6 billion people on the planet. Yet, she is saying just that, that her way "of many ways" is the one way. She is not even being honest with herself because she calls herself a Christian when she knows how clear the Bible is the only way to the Father is through the Son and that Jesus came to die on the cross for our sins to give eternal life.

I really liked Keller's words. Visit him at www.liveprayer.com (http://www.liveprayer.com)

Why would Jesus need to die if there are all these other paths to heaven? He would have died in vain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecRnSTtOwcw&feature=related).

The serpent in the garden of Eden said if you do this you will be like God. Move towards the light and move away from the darkness and you will be like God. Works of resurrection, works of Nirvana, etc. Yet the Bible says, salvation is not by works but a free gift from God. C. S. Lewis said "Jesus is either a lunatic, liar or Lord." He can't be some sub-faction of these three things, that is, just a good person.

"But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness" (1 Cor. 1.23).

Oprah says, "You have a loving heart. You lived for the same purpose Jesus would have you live and why he came to the planet to TEACH US ALL." Is this really the purpose of Jesus?

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." (John 3.17).

Any other plan dethrones Christ. You can't have Jesus in any other way otherwise you are altering the Bible, the words of Apostle Paul and the words of Christ recorded and remembered. There is no compromising.

So, What about Jesus? It's up to you to decide.

Did you know that on one of Oprah's feet, she has 6 toes? Oprah was molested as a child. I am not sure how these two facts (assuming she does in fact have 6 toes on the one foot) has influenced her.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee" (1 Tim. 4.1,16).

Eckhart Tolle and Oprah Winfrey are confused, and you can see it in them, striving and searching with answers that never seem to suffice. And Billy Graham had started with the Spirit and is now ending with the flesh when he says there are these others saved from Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, etc. It is quite possible that Billy Graham might have never been born-again.

Compare this to faith in the true Christ in which the only way to the Father is through the Son and by no other means can one be saved. Accepting this, an overwhelming peace comes over you to know that you have been chosen before the foundations of the world as a child of God and nobody can ever take that away from you. We live by faith, not by feelings, not by will, not by reason, but by faith. You don't have to reconstruct yourself and play these psychological awakening games with the next popular self-help guru book, because by God's grace He will redeem you and strengthen your faith in your relationship with Christ. We are after all relational beings. With the love of Christ flowing through you, nothing can bring you down. All you need do is first accept His free gift on the cross and get to know the only begotten Son of God. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word is God. There is no greater authority and power in life! God has done all He can do to save you; now you must do your part and come to the cross as a helpless sinner and accept the Lord Jesus as your Savior.