PDA

View Full Version : The New Atheism

Finestwheat
02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=95363c2a2ae7d57ac384

The new atheism is the dogmatism towards what ought to be by atheists though totally groundless because of their assumed belief of a purposelessness existence.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=2cee0003a7f2d92c34ea

If there is good then there must be evil, but if there is good that differs from evil then there must be a moral code to differentiate them. If so, then a moral law giver must exist, so if you accept there must be good and evil then you are accepting God exists; so, accept the forgiveness of the cross in Jesus name that overcometh evil.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=aaaa574c6e7b49999b3b&page=1&viewtype=&category=mr

Why are atheists so defensive? Find out in the above video.

Ortanith
05-01-2008, 12:57 AM
The problem most of the creationist (if not all) have is the misunderstanding of the scientific meaning of the word theory. It is not simply an idea or faith based at all (the name of the show might offend some, http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1083565954).

The reason I find myself being defensive is because I feel I am being attacked with the condescending tone(among other things) I encounter when people learn I am an atheist.

Churchwork
05-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Glenn,

Penn and Teller suffer from mistaken assumptions that cloud their thinking. Let's go through two of them.

1) Saying creatures are randomly made is a copout, because nothing is random. That is, all things have a cause and effect, thus, it is not random. There is purpose and meaning behind all things.

2) Making fun of Christianity by embarrassing comments of those who call themselves Christians that say stuff like the earth is only 6000 years old is not a valid stance. That is why Step 3 of the 4 Step Proof for God (http://biblocality.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4195&postcount=1) is included, which says don't argue against God of the Bible by misrepresenting Him. Rather, the first God-conscious man and woman, from dust (Gen. 2.7), came about and were made in God's image about 6000 years ago. Mark that distinction. The evolution of the body until it is fully formed and made in God's image from dust is not denied in Christianity.

I lost interest in the rest of the video.

Yes, people will be condescending to you for being an atheist just as atheists will be condescending to Christians for being born-again.

Understand your position. You call yourself an atheist. An atheist rejects a Creator. That is not just a theory in your book, but it is your faith. There is no way out. If you are an atheist you are an atheist. Period.

But atheism is proven false. Since nothing in nature can happen all by itself then the universe can not have come about all by itself. And since there cannot be an eternity of the past of cause and effects due to the exponential progression of conscience, again, we are left with only one option, the uncreated Creator created by intelligent design. There is no logical basis for being an atheist, so what is really going on in your heart?

Now, why have you not accepted salvation by what Jesus did for you on the cross (since Jesus is proven to be God in the Minimal Facts Approach (http://biblocality.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4195&postcount=1))? The reason is ultimately because you prefer to remain in your sin nature instead of repenting to the cross as a helpless sinner (spiritual reality) and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

Ortanith
05-04-2008, 02:16 AM
You misunderstand Evolution, it is by no means random.

You know I think the problem comes from the question itself, religious people ask why its there, science is looking for how it works they do not concern themselves with why.

Why god cant fill that space is because one cannot test that in any way (no faith is not a means one can produce any physical results with).

Oh and I am well aware of the fact that theres a-holes on both sides of the fence and they both piss me off.

Sin? I help those I see that are in need, I guide myself by my own moral system. I have put myself in harms way to save other people.
I need no god to love my fellow homo-sapiens and all other animals of this planet.

As for accepting salvation, No one can offer any physical proof as to which mythology is correct.

We are by no means saying theres is no god(though I believe there is no supernatural being(god) creator of the universe)
Evolution is not saying there is no god, it is saying how life came to be as we know it now. Not why it is here.

One last thought I hope for the moment. By me saying science and religion are asking different questions I mean that religion asks why, they are trying to explain how/why it came into existence, science is asking how it works (though because theres no way to do any tests to prove the existence of a supernatural creator science has to assume there is no god untill a method provides a physical way to prove so) .

Churchwork
05-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Where did I say evolution is random? I believe all things have a cause and effect, except the uncreated, by definition being without a cause Whom is proven by physical nature.

The most famous scientists in history were Christians and concerned themselves with both how it works and why. Whereas an atheist shuts his mind down to the why (and even deeper questions of the how), science and religion ask both how and why.

You can test the existence of the uncaused. Since nothing in nature has been shown to be without a cause, you should easily conclude that nature can't cause itself, so the universe was caused by that which is uncaused-the intelligent designer. You will discover His ways are greater than our ways so as you follow His Word and Spirit and get to know Him, you will reap the benefits experientially and receive supernatural revelation in your spirit. When you fulfill the condition for His working in your life, His grace will be bestowed on you far beyond common grace.

Your own moral code is corrupted because you are a sinner who swears, who errs by misreading people and judges falsely. You do things you know you ought not to do and don't do things you know should do. You can love with your natural love, however lacking your personal views on love may be, but it is ultimately self-centered and forsakes the love of Christ who gave His life for you on the cross to pay the price for your sins. You are without conscience to reject the greatest love of all. You have a spirit of God-consciousness (unlike any other creature on the planet), yet you don't abide in it; you go your own way, make up your own ideas in disobedience to your Creator. Only Hell is big enough to contain you.

I am only aware of one resurrection which was done in history which done by Jesus Christ and is proven by multiple group attestation. Most scholars agree Paul was being genuine in Gal. 1 & 2, 1 Cor. 15 in which he says he met with the apostles and they agreed to their eyewitness testimony of His resurrection. You can't explain this away. Jesus said His resurrection proved He is God. He is the One. Unless of course you can find fault with what most scholars agree about. To my knowledge, nobody ever has. All attempts have been shown faulty, so would yours be.

This is a silly contradiction: "We are by no means saying theres is no god(though I believe there is no supernatural being(god) creator of the universe)". If you say there is no creator of the universe, you are saying there is no God, so you are not saying, "we are by no means saying there is no god". You're contradicting yourself. That is not healthy moral code to live by, to contradict yourself like that with such an obvious doubletongue.

Evolution does not explain how life came to be as we know it, because it can't explain what caused the first single-celled organism as we know it, nor does it address how the soulical (self-consciousness) and spiritual (God-consciousness) came into our being. All evolution can do is talk about the obvious fact of survival instincts. With an Intelligent Designer, there is more going on than just survival instincts. We can talk about communion, fellowship and God's glory and desire to walk with a people He has chosen before the foundations of the world to be with in eternity. Who are these people? They are those who have come to the cross as helpless sinners to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior.

Why? Because sin leads to death and the second death which is hell. The penalty and power of sin was dealt with by Jesus on the cross when He took all the sins of the world upon Himself. The Holy Spirit makes use of the cross so effectively and efficaciously, you can even overcome your soul life to walk by the spirit. But before you can do any of this, you have to enter that doorway of salvation to be a new creation and let your old man die on the cross with Christ. He is not only your substitution for sin, but He brings you to a sure death on the cross with Him so nothing of the old creation can own you anymore.

It can be scary because you would be giving up control of you that have had such a tight grip on for so long. That is ultimately why people don't give their lives to Christ, because they are too selfish, love the world too much, and don't want to give up control of themselves as Jesus followed His Father in all things.