PDA

View Full Version : Do calvinists have authority? Decidedly, No!

Churchwork
01-14-2006, 05:34 PM
"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Rom 8.29). "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied". (1 Peter 1.2). Ergo, predestination is by foreknowledge. God foreknows the choice we would make in His image. He does not pre-make us to choose. "But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him" (John 6.64). To believe or believe not is a choice which God does not premake, but foreknows our choice, which gives glory to God.

Stephen
01-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Do Calvinist's have authority. My first question would be "In what area of life is this Calvinistic authority questioned"

I imagine that within his own environment the Calvinist would enjoy uininterupted authority.

Coming amongst Christians with a different outlook upon the scriptures, he would find his authority challenged.

A person is saved, as long as they stay saved. Saved, as I use it here means following Jesus, fellowshipping with Christians, attending bible studies, making the Christian circle our friends.

But we do have lives away from the "christian" "church" circle. Employment, activities, business, etc. Nothing wrong with that. Unaviodable infact

We are in the world but not of the world. Jesus did not advocate a monastic life for those who would follow Him. But that we go out and life the life of a Disciple. Always aware the He is our Master.

Do Calvinist's have authority?? Jesus said "In My Name ......" That alone is our authority.

s

Churchwork
01-15-2006, 05:46 PM
A person is saved, as long as they stay saved. Saved, as I use it here means following Jesus, fellowshipping with Christians, attending bible studies, making the Christian circle our friends.

God saved them because He foreknew their choice was authentic, and thus, they would always stay saved in Him. Once God gives eternal life, it is forever and can never be taken away.

Paoli
09-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Stephen
A person is saved, as long as they stay saved.

What do you mean by "stay saved"?
Are you saying a Christian can become "unsaved"?
How would that work??.......at what certain point would a person become "unsaved"?

Where is the scriptual evidence in the Bible of becoming "unsaved"....

What would one have to do to become "unsaved"???????