PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't You Convince a Person to be Saved?

Churchwork
10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Understand that logic can't convince an unsaved person because it is illogical to remain unsaved.

Auriliux
12-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Why is it logical to become 'saved'?

Churchwork
12-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Because an eternal separation from your Creator is obviously undesirable.

Auriliux
12-13-2007, 03:14 PM
My creators were my Mother and Father... And although it is undesirable, it will happen when they die.
There is no evidence to show I was made by anything else.. Other than a rather old book

Churchwork
12-15-2007, 03:29 AM
Your mother and father did not happen all by themselves. They had parents as well.

Notice how you shut your mind down at this point. Ask what caused your parents' parents, etc, to the first cause which would be the uncaused creator.

Auriliux
12-15-2007, 05:56 AM
Well the first cause of all life was an organic self replicating molecule... Note how this already has more levels of evidence and proof than simply 'A being who has always existed did it. And it's ok for him to have already existed. Although apparently the universe can't do that as well'

Churchwork
12-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Again, you have the same problem of shutting your mind down and not asking what caused that molecule to begin with. It is the nature of those such as yourself going to hell to shut their minds down to reject your Creator who entered the creation to atone for your sins. Since nothing in nature can be the ultimate cause because nothing in nature can happen all by itself, realize the only possible cause is the uncaused. The exponential progression of conscience also disallows an eternity of the past of cause and effects in nature, because you would not still be sinning by now.

Auriliux
02-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Well you see, I'm not a molecular biologist, so I couldn't answer your question. But why are you calling me the one who's shutting down their mind? You're the one who's contempt with believing that a supernatural deity did it all, the bible doesn't even tell you how he did it all. So I put forward the fact that you are the one 'shutting your mind down'.
Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but you don't have any answers.

Churchwork
02-15-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't think I have "contempt with believing that a supernatural deity did it all" for I believe God of the Bible did it. I think you are projecting your own contempt for your Creator who is proven by the MFA and 4SPFG (http://biblocality.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4195&postcount=1).

God explaining how He did it in all precise detail is not something you could ever understand, like trying to explain to a cow how to fly to the moon. All we know is He did do it by the proof for God. Now even Satan knows God did it, so the real issue is whether you are a repentant sinner willing to come to the cross to receive Jesus for forgiveness of your sins and gain eternal life. If not, you are going to hell. That is your choice. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

I am satisfied in knowing you could find nothing wrong with the proof for God while still rejecting God. Unwittingly, you substantiate the proof for God by your willingness to "shut your mind down" to the reality of your inability to find fault with the proof for God and not go where the evidence takes you.