PDA

View Full Version : What Is Hell Really Like?

InTruth
08-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Hell Will Be a Place of Unquenchable Fire

"He is ready to separate the chaff from the grain with his winnowing fork. Then he will clean up the threshing area, storing the grain in his barn but burning the chaff with never-ending fire" (Matt. 3.12).

"I, the Son of Man, will send my angels, and they will remove from my Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil, and they will throw them into the furnace and burn them. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matt. 13.41-42).

"If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better to enter heaven with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands" (Mark 9.43).

"...thrown into hell, 'where the worm never dies and the fire never goes out'" (Mark 9.48).

This latter verse comes from Isaiah 66: "And as they go out, they will see the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me. For the worms that devour them will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out. All who pass by will view them with utter horror'" (v.24).

Hell Will Be a Place of Memory and Remorse

Jesus said, "There was a certain rich man who was splendidly clothed and who lived each day in luxury. At his door lay a diseased beggar named Lazarus. As Lazarus lay there longing for scraps from the rich man's table, the dogs would come and lick his open sores. Finally, the beggar died and was carried by the angels to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried, and his soul went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Lazarus in the far distance with Abraham.

"The rich man shouted, `Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in anguish in these flames.' "But Abraham said to him, `Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish. And besides, there is a great chasm separating us. Anyone who wanted to cross over to you from here is stopped at its edge, and no one there can cross over to us.'

"Then the rich man said, `Please, Father Abraham, send him to my father's home. For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them about this place of torment so they won't have to come here when they die.'

"But Abraham said, `Moses and the prophets have warned them. Your brothers can read their writings anytime they want to.'

"The rich man replied, `No, Father Abraham! But if someone is sent to them from the dead, then they will turn from their sins.'

"But Abraham said, `If they won't listen to Moses and the prophets, they won't listen even if someone rises from the dead.' "

Luke 16.19-31

I feel it is important to point out this place of the dead is not hell, but sheol or hades (timeless unawares). The place of the dead is where people will be resurrected from. It foreshadows whether the person will be raised in salvation or raised for hell.

http://www.hellspassion.com/dynamic-frameset.html?flash/hell2/hell2.html

http://www.lastdaywarriors.com/themark/ToHellandBack.ram