PDA

View Full Version : Why Calvinism is a Sin

Churchwork
07-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Calvinism is a sin to me because when you say total depravity, that you are unable to choose the cross, requiring you to be caused to choose and others not, there is no free-choice therefore. It is a sin to alter God's Word. I only know of one word in the whole English language that describes this characteristic and it is "robot".

Does God want a relationship with robots, who pride themselves on assuming they were chosen without first regard for their choice? This seems to be a false salvation: a facsimile of God's way of saving, but it is not authentic new birth as I did not receive Christ this way, nor do any believers I know profess this kind of salvation. Would not Satan try just such a tactic? Then cults are born out of this ideology.

Now, if total depravity is false, we are truly sovereign beings with free-will. Though we are fallen, if God did not offer the salvation of the cross none could be saved. It is Pelagian to believe in calvinism because pelagianism is denying the original sin. The original sin does not make a person unable to choose, but makes the person unable to save himself, and must receive what Jesus did as the free-gift only! There is no other way to be saved.

If total depravity is false, then limited atonement is false, irresistible grace is false, unconditional election is false, and preservation of the saints by roboticism is false.

The implications, of course, is that those in an organization or association that is calvinism-based is aiming to deceive either wittingly to gain and control you, or unwittingly.

What interests me is the exact methodology of the snake oil, how it is being sold and used to gain a following or adherents. Bear with me.

Let's say you are to take on this belief of calvinism, would you not have a sin in your heart, specifically, the pride of believing you were one of those made that way for salvation? And that is all the Devil needs, for within many assumptions there is part truth and part untruth. In other words, though it is true God is the Savior and He chooses us before the foundations of the world, He does not choose us in the way calvinism claims, but rather, He predestinates by foreknowing our free-choice. This is God's way.

Most calvinists were never born-again; those that have been need deliverance from calvinism. Let us pray for them that they receive the more abundant life of accepting God's way of salvation.