PDA

View Full Version : You are not a god or God

Churchwork
06-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Elohim can be used as a general term for God in the O.T.. For example Samuel was called a Elohim when he came up from the dead (1 Sam.28:13-14)
In calling yourself Elohim, it is merely self-exaltation. I want you to learn from everything I have to tell you so you can see that your self is behind this.

The woman was a medium in 1 Sam. 28, so she was mistaken in seeing him as a god, spirit or gods, for Samuel is just a man and God of the Bible says there are no gods; they are just idols. Man is not an spirit being as is an angel. Man is spirit, soul and body (tripartite) being.

In Ex. 7:1 Moses was made an Elohim to Pharaoh.
Jesus call the rulers in Israel Elohim, "gods" ? (Jn. 10:34) After the Jews accuse Jesus of blasphemy because he being a man claimed to be God he answers "Is it not written in your law I said 'You are gods" citing Ps.82:6: " This was addressed to the judges of Israel they were called gods not because they were divine but because they represented God when they judged the people and were misrepresenting God. Jesus’ point," is intended to show that the idea of a communication of the divine majesty to human nature was by no means foreign to the revelations of the O.T."
So this title can be bestowed on those who are not by nature God.
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

The Hebrew word in this context is 'elohiym' which is occasionally applied by way of deference to a magistrate. [or judge/ great one]

In Psalm 82, it is used 'ironically', even sarcastically [dare I say it], as it refers to men who have elevated themselves.

Look at Paul's similar 'use' of irony in 1 Corinthians 4:8, to get a feel for how to approach this psalm.

my intention is the judge even as Jesus would judge.

Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him((Me)), the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Isa 11:3 And shall make him ((Me)) of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he((I)) shall not judge after the sight of his((my)) eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ((My)) ears:
Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he ((I)) judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he (I) shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his ((My)) lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his((My)) loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his((My)) reins.

When i see the sons of God, I see elohim(fluorescence.)When I see YHWH(Light absorbed at one wavelength and emitted at another. That is, it glows.suns of God )the great God who created me in his image not of this earth, not of the dust of the earth(adam), but of the spirit (new Adam)The light we put out comes from the greater light, we are the moon he is the sun, we are the reflectors of Gods light in this world.

Within us is the reactor (Power of God) which then can be directed through a turbine(sons)to drive an electric generator(our hands) to produce energy to do His will.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

capable of erupting

We are the body(vulcano)
of Christ (molten lava)

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

We are as the many waters coming out of the mouth of God
Ex. 7.1 says, "Then the Lord said to Moses, "Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh". To seem like God is not actually God.

In John 10.34, Jesus is trying to show He is God, by showing that leaders of the people are like gods to the people, so how much more is He! They aren't actually gods. The word used is "theos" not elohim, to refer to "whatever can in any respect be likened unto God, or resemble him in any way" since they have leadership qualities. This in no way should be construed as divine majesty of man. Claiming fantasy deification of man is only destroyed by the power of the cross. May the cross work a deep incision in your life.

Overcomer believers certainly shall receive the reward of reigning with Christ in the 1000 years, but still, no need to puff up self. And so, the name elohim can be given to no man. You can say you have actually misread the word "theos" in John 10.34 and Psalms 82.6 which is "godlike one" or elohiym, not elyown.

As an aside, I prefer, in the moon reflecting the sun, the sun is God's righteousness shinest brightest upon the woman in the dispensation of grace in our relationship with Christ, and the moon would the be law of God. Things in the dispensation of the law reflect the things in the dispensation of grace, "for the law is but a shadow" (p. 131, "Come, Lord Jesus" by Watchman Nee, white covers only).

Rev. 12.1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.

Are Christians really under God's feet? Or does God want to walk with us?

The moon under her feet shows how things of the law are subject to her. The 12 stars shows the dispensation of the patriarchs can be counted up to the birth of the 12 tribes of Israel. She has a relationship from the past of this dispensation as well. Of course the woman is God's eternal will for each dispensation. Presently it is the church. In the coming rapture of Rev. 12.5 it will be the overcomer believers or called-out ones out of the church to be received according to readiness at the first rapture (Rev. 3.10, Luke 21.36).

Being a son of God is not a god or to be deified at all, but it is a choosing a people out of the whole human race to be with Him in the new city as pillars. Never do we become a god or gods, nor should one say they are God. It gets quite twisted because some in cults say they are God yet not the same God Creator. That's horrible doublespeak. That's trying to splice a lie when someone says they are God or a God-man. Let us have a simple faith of humility in accepting that a Christian is a son or daughter of God, but not a god.

Your Me's, My's and I's are thus, disregarded as self-exaltation.

Don't ever overlook the fact that though man's spirit was directly created when God breathed the breath of life into Adam, his body was formed from dust (Gen. 2.7). When the spirit made contact with the body, the soul life was created. "Chay (http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/spiritsoulbody.htm)" is the term used to indicate that there are two lifes in man: spirit life and soul life.

Your judgment fails because of misreading God's Word. Rev. 1.15 does not refer to men as many waters, but refers to His voice full of majesty and power.

Psalm 29.3-4 The voice of the Lord echoes above the sea. The God of glory thunders. The Lord thunders over the mighty sea. The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.

By reading it this way, God is in view, not man. Thunder is powerful and the mighty sea then becomes the 'full of majesty' part.

In sum, what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me about you is that you step where you don't belong because you do it out of your own strength instead of finding the joy in the humility that is to accept that God's voice both powerful and full of majesty rather than men being gods. The flesh always looks for a way to exalt self.

With all my heart and testified by the Holy Spirit, I have told you the truth. My prayer for you is to receive it with heart felt acceptance.