PDA

View Full Version : Honouring God

Stephen
01-09-2006, 05:08 PM
The Blessedness of Honouring God 1 Sam 2:30 22/10/2005

There is an honour that comes from man. Men may be seated upon thrones surrounded with splendour and flattery. But this honour perishes.

There is also an honour of such a delicate nature that he who touches it, must pay a forfeit of his life. "Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath for it was cruel" Gen49:7 Gen 34:25

There is an honour that comes from God, and merits our attention: "them that honour me I will honour"

The surrounding scene is black. Eli had allowed his sons to do as they pleased. Uncorrected......... :shocked:

How are we to honour God?

(a) By a habitual acknowledgement of His Person, of His Saving Grace, and of His keeping Power.

Atheism is madness. Chance never made a watch, or a flower, yet atheist's assume that all came from chance. There is also a practical atheism, which while it admits the being of God, rejects his authority, and puts man on the throne.

"Is not this great Babylon which I have built" said the Babylonian monarch, but he was soon humbled and taught another lesson. "Then he says "I thought it good to show the signs and wonders the high God hath wrought toward's me. How great are his signs, and how mighty are his wonders". Dan 4:30**

(b) We honour God by receiving and believing the testimony, he has given to us in His Word. Concerning our own fallen condition.......and the way of Salvation through Jesus Christ

(c) We honour God by devoting to him all our talents, whether natural or aquired.

(d) We honour Him when we make sacrifice for His sake.
History tells us of the martyrs of the Reformation. - like those worthy men and women, we also must not count our lives dear when God calls us to follow Him Whenever we do these things, whenever our interest's, our pleasures, are sacrificed for Him, then God is honoured.

2 Such people God will Honour - How?

By adopting them into His family as the son's and daughters of the Almighty - by supporting them in daily life - affording them peace, whatever the circumstance. By giving them an abundant entrance into His kingdom. By seating them with Him on his throne, that is when He will rule the earth with righteousness.

s