PDA

View Full Version : 7 Signs of a False Prophet

Scriptur
01-04-2007, 08:27 AM
"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them" (Is. 8.20).

7 Criteria of a False Prophet:

1. "If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul" (Deut. 13.1-3). No matter how impressive some prophecies are, they do not correlate to the Word of God in its entirety by the person who tries to lead you to other gods.

2. "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him" (Deut. 18.20-21). This is very logical. If something doesn't happen when or how it was suppose to happen, then it came from a false prophet.

Daniel predicted Alexander the Great by the "[B]great horn" (8.8) who would destroy the Medo-Persian Empire: "The ram which thou sawest having [two] horns [are] the kings of Media and Persia. And the rough goat [is] the king of Grecia: and the great horn that [is] between his eyes [is] the first king. Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power " (8.20-22). Alexander the Great would be very great: "Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken..." (v.8). "...and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven" (v.8). At the height of Alexander's power, suddenly he died of a fever at a young age (356-323 B.C.) of 33. The four generals that divided the kingdom over 4 regions were: Cassander, Ptolemy, Lysimachus and Seleucus. "And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those" (11.4). Philip, his half brother; Alexander II, his legitimate son; and Hercules, his illegitimate son...were all three murdered and Alexander's four general's took over." (Wilmington's Guide to the Bible)

Daniel also prophesied Antiochus IV Epiphanes (Dan. 11.21-35) who was ruthless to the Jews. People question Daniel's prophecies that they must have been written after these events took place, but such doubts only began in the 3rd century A.D., almost 900 years after it was written, by violent opponents of Christianity.

In Daniel's defense, Flavius Josephus (Jewish historian), wrote, in the first century about how Alexander encountered Daniel's writings: "...when the Book of Daniel was showed him [Alexander] wherein Daniel declared that one of the Greeks should destroy the empire of the Persians, he supposed that himself was the person intended." The Septuagint was translated prior to 270 B.C. (source: Encyclopedia Britannica, Vol. 10, p. 642) from Hebrew to Greek which had included Daniel's writing. If there was no one doubting Daniel's prophecy in Greek at 270 B.C. and centuries to follow, it was not something that could be argued against.

Amos 9.9 reads, "For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as [corn] is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth." This happened at A.D. 70 yet again. Read Luke 21.22-24. "And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, [even] wood and stone" (Deut. 28.64). We call them the "wandering Jews." It has been almost 2000 years since A.D. 70. Israel has reclaimed their home in 1948. Read Deut. 28.25,62,64-66,29,32-34,37. In the history of the human race no people have been as marked as the Jews and reviled. God said He will let them be hated and persecuted, but He will not let them be destroyed. "Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare [it] in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd [doth] his flock" (Jer. 31.10).

Israel will no longer be forced out of there land. Forever they will remain in the land of Israel now: "And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit [them]; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God" (Amos 9.14,15).

If Israel is annihilated, or even if Israel is thrown out of Jerusalem and the land of Judea, then you know the Bible is a lie. But as long as this never happens, you know ever last word of the Bible is true from Genesis to Revelation.

It is settled what must come to pass..."Jer. 31.35 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Jer&chapter=31&translation=nltp&x=9&y=6#) It is the Lord who provides the sun to light the day and the moon and stars to light the night. It is he who stirs the sea into roaring waves. His name is the Lord Almighty, and this is what he says: 36 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Jer&chapter=31&translation=nltp&x=9&y=6#) "I am as likely to reject my people Israel as I am to do away with the laws of nature! 37 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Jer&chapter=31&translation=nltp&x=9&y=6#) Just as the heavens cannot be measured and the foundation of the earth cannot be explored, so I will not consider casting them away forever for their sins. I, the Lord, have spoken!
38 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Jer&chapter=31&translation=nltp&x=9&y=6#) "The time is coming," says the Lord, "when all Jerusalem will be rebuilt for me, from the Tower of Hananel to the Corner Gate. 39 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Jer&chapter=31&translation=nltp&x=9&y=6#) A measuring line will be stretched out over the hill of Gareb and across to Goah. 40 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Jer&chapter=31&translation=nltp&x=9&y=6#) And the entire area-including the graveyard and ash dump in the valley, and all the fields out to the Kidron Valley on the east as far as the Horse Gate-will be holy to the Lord. The city will never again be captured or destroyed" (Jer. 31.35-40).

This universe is finished if Israel does not stay. That is how important Israel is to God.

"Zech. 12.12 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Zec&chapter=14&translation=nltp&x=7&y=6#) And the Lord will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will shrivel in their sockets, and their tongues will decay in their mouths. 13 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Zec&chapter=14&translation=nltp&x=7&y=6#) On that day they will be terrified, stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will fight against each other in hand-to-hand combat; 14 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Zec&chapter=14&translation=nltp&x=7&y=6#) Judah, too, will be fighting at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the neighboring nations will be captured-great quantities of gold and silver and fine clothing. 15 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Zec&chapter=14&translation=nltp&x=7&y=6#) This same plague will strike the horses, mules, camels, donkeys, and all the other animals in the enemy camps" (Zech. 12.12-14). "Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah [and] against Jerusalem" (Zech. 12.2).

You can't have all these surrounding armies around Israel if Israel has not come back to their homeland. 500 or a 1000 years ago Israel was not a cup of trembling or a burdensome stone to the world. Today they are. The United Nations has condemned Israel at last count more than 370 times for defending themselves when Islam starts another war against them every few years.

"Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city" (Zech. 14.1-2).

Israel is to be a witness to all the nations of the earth, not because they are godly people, for they have rejected the Messiah, but because of what is happening to them. "Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Is. 43.10).

God does this for His sake. "Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not [this] for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land" (Ez. 36.22-24).

Do you find it still hard to believe the whole world will come against the Jews? The motivation is oil profits of the major corporations and the persons who are ultimately in control of those corporations to give into Islam's demands against Israel.

Never before have we been able to do the destruction prophesied in Zech. 14: "Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth" (v.12). Unless Jesus intervenes, He would be right that no flesh would be left in a nuclear exchange about to take place.

God brings the people of the world to do battle in the middle east to judge them for how they treated Israel (read Ez. 38). He is also punishing Israel in the process for rejecting His Son. "Alas! for that day [is] great, so that none [is] like it: it [is] even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he will be preserved out of it" (Jer. 30.7).

But in order for these events to come against Israel, the world will need a united cause. They really know not what they do, for they are covered in sin. The world ecumenical church will be united against God's children under a one world religion, economic and world government. We call this religious Rome (Rev. 17) and political Rome (Rev. 18).

5 more criteria to go...