PDA

View Full Version : Why Am I Remaining Single?

Churchwork
12-30-2006, 07:04 PM
I am remaining single because it enhances my spiritual life. If I was married, I would lose that devotional time to the Lord and have to concern myself with natural affairs like taking caring of my wife. This was Paul's position as well. He wished you could all remain single like he was. If my flesh was weak, I would get married. My prayer is for Christians to understand this very important principle because it would be very unfortunate for you as a Christian to lose the reward of returning with Christ to reign in the millennial kingdom. :yes:

I truly believe these things and this is what motivates me, but I don't do it of myself, but I am drawn by the Holy Spirit:

1) I truly believe that nothing in nature in the universe is without a cause since the evidence is overwhelming in favor of this fact. All things have a cause and effect in nature! Since nothing in nature is without a cause, therefore, logic says, the uncaused must be the cause of the universe. Observing the vast complexity of nature, the uncaused cause must be an Intelligent Designer.

2) That leads me to ask the simple question, Who is the uncaused Intelligent Designer Who existed from the eternity of the past? When I compare all the most popular religions one by one and see how they contradict each other or how they expose themselves as false, only one remains standing, which is for those who are in Christ, because none can compare to His claim and the evidence we have of that claim. Nobody I have ever read has ever been able to find a fault with Christ and the basic doctrine of the apostles.

3) What are the ramifications of this fact after one is born-again? Well, there is a reward in store for those who are saved who keep the Word of His patience (Rev. 3.10), are watchful and prayerful (Luke 21.36, Matt. 24.42) in consecrating themselves in reading the Word, and who keep the conduct of Matt. 5-7. Although all Christians have eternal life which can never be lost, not all Christians "overcometh" (Rev. 2.7,11,17,26; 3.5,12,21) while remaining in the body of flesh and blood to be included in the first resurrection (Rev. 20.4) of reigning over the nations in the millennial kingdom with an iron rod. The first resurrection is an "out-of," "best," "out-resurrection" from all the resurrections and raptures during the consummation of this age of Daniel's last seven. So just as there is accountability for non-Christian to spend an eternity in Hell (eternal separation from their Creator) for rejecting God's mercy of salvation through the cross by the precious blood of Jesus Christ, there is also accountability in the time of recompense for Christians and Saints of the OT period which takes place at judgment seat for believers. This judgment seat is separated by a thousand years from the resurrection for the unsaved to the Great White Throne at the end of the millennium.

4) Therefore, the most important aspect in all of this is our free-choice. A person could be really smart or not, young or old, male or female, it makes no difference. What God values is your choice, because you are made in His image. He wants to be with those who choose His life. Because you are intrinsic value to God an do have a spirit of God-consciousness, He is respecting your rights if you want to go to Hell or if you want to be saved. There are no excuses for rejecting Christ, and God is fair and just, for He is no respecter of persons (Acts 10.34). It would be unholy and unrighteous of God to annihilate your soul if you don't want to be saved. But if you do want to be saved, victory is assured (John 3.16). God created us because He wants to walk with us created out of His glory, and specifically those who choose His life.

That's what I believe! Amen.

Now to understand deeper truths in Christ to enhance spiritual life, there are 37 questions at Biblocality Christian Forums.