PDA

View Full Version : "Whosoever believeth" (John 3.16)

Scriptur
11-30-2006, 11:50 PM
"Whosoever Believeth" (John 3.16) (http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/Deceptions.htm)

How can God give us free-will to choose without God causing the choice itself?

By God making us perfectly in His image to have free-choice exactly like His, He sets all the necessary prerequisite components that go into designing a perfect free-will for the person’s own sovereignty. Then God does all He can do to convince the person to be saved through His Son and by His Spirit which draws and calls her if she chooses by faith the Son of God.

Some people say God still causes the person to have faith to believe and others not to have the faith to believe, and that is why people believe and others do not. This is true in that the function of “faith” is designed by God, but for people to activate it, they must choose themselves, not by the flesh, but by the image of God in which they are made, without God causing the choice by giving some faith and others not.

Remember, God wants to walk with not robots, but man who is sovereign in God's image and who receives His Son without any coercion by God. If I were the creator of the Asimo Robot and I made the robot choose to believe by having faith in me, he would still be a robot like a chess piece I have just moved on the board, and this would not be real salvation. If God operated this way, this could never give glory to God in all His power and might to reach the peak of His ability, nor could it satisfy His immense heart to want only the best. It would violate His way of doing things (righteousness) and His nature (holiness).

But, if I created in my image a being with perfect free-will which I cannot cause to choose one way or the other-I restrict myself righteously to give only the prerequisite abilities and not cause the choice by giving some faith and others not-then the being can truly choose all on its own to be free to be drawn and called by me. This being would truly be in my image and if he receives the son in my triune being, the first person would save him and the third person would indwell his spirit. By putting yourself in my shoes, as I have put myself in God’s shoes, we can see how God is working and what He wants. I am tripartite (spirit, soul and body), not 3 Persons of the Godhead; I was just putting myself in God's shoes to help you understand.

God can foresee all our choices because He has infinite foreknowledge (Rom. 8.29). He can see every hair on our heads the Bible says. If I made a choice to cut my hair, He would know exactly how many hairs I would cut or if I was to change my mind and not cut any hairs.

The big question then becomes, How can God just let us have a sovereign will without causing some to have the faith and others not, but letting the person choose to have the faith ("activate" it by fulfilling God's condition "whosoever believeth," John 3.16)? That is the great ability of God to do this, which shows how calvinism is one of the most evil teachings to ever enter the church, causing many to believe they are saved when they are not. Satan knows exactly what he is doing. How can you ever be saved if you think you are saved already?