PDA

View Full Version : What is a good way to approach non-Christians?

Faithful
11-27-2006, 02:33 AM
What I have noticed about non-Christians is that when you try to lead them to Christ or talk about their issues why they reject God, you discover something most intriguing. The person you are trying to lead to Christ does not read the Bible so they are constantly arguing their position without even considering what the Bible says. They have all these theories and reasons why they think the Bible is wrong, but to actually read the Bible anywhere I think should be the mission of a Christian when speaking to a non-believer.

You can almost pick any part of the Bible. Read that portion of the Word of God with them and ask them, Is what was just said seem reasonable? Normally people will respond that it does make sense. The more they read, the more they realize it just makes plain sense, then the more they begin to question their hostility against God.

We Christians have no problem reading the Koran and or any other book, because we are open minded, but to get a non-Christian to consider reading even one small paragraph is like moving mount everest. They get so angry too even at the suggestion you read a couple of verses with them. When I say angry, I am referring more particularly to those who you know more personally an don't appreciate your talking to them about new birth. They seem to react the most harshly.

But someone who doesn't even know you whom you begin talking to about the Word and wanting to read a few lines to them, they don't mind so much. Asking them if what was just said is reasonable, their reaction is positive. Then they will have that positive memory about the Bible, and I think this is the way to draw people to Christ.

This explains why Jesus Himself had such a tough time in his own neighborhood where he grew up. Virtually nobody believed His claims about Himself.