PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Screens

Faithful
10-19-2006, 01:24 PM
In my experience, those who have trouble with faith use a smoke screen for a hidden agenda, not wanting to give up sin and self.

One person may respond to personal testimony, because they are not so concerned about the evidence, while another person doesn't care so much about the feelings presented, but wants to see the evidence.

This bespeaks of God's wonderful glorious diversity in creation. God is the one who draws the believer, but He has decided to involve the human element in the process.

God draws: "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6.44). "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God" (Rom. 3.11). But, God desires the human element to be involved in giving evidence, feelings, and choices towards receiving the gospel of Christ's deity, His atonement and resurrection.

After you have given ample and effective testimony and reason, and the person still does not respond to the gospel, know the reason for their unwillingness to receive salvation is because they don't want to give up sin and self and their lifestyle in the world.

Don't feel inadequate because they are stubborn. You did your part, now put it in God's hands, and He will do the rest. If even He can not penetrate that soul, then why blame yourself because that person puts up a wall. Does God beat up himself because even He can't convince a person to be saved?