PDA

View Full Version : How many do you think are saved?

Churchwork
01-01-2006, 01:25 AM
If God wanted to indicate to us how many are saved, roughly, to give us a sense of what true acceptance of John 3.16,18 is, what would He use to indicate this truth, since obviously not everyone who says they are Christian is?

The new city in the new earth after the millennial-to-come is 1379 x 1379 miles in area on th new earth, with the space above 1379 miles. The walls of the new city are 216 feet high too. All of this is disclosed in Rev. 21.

I think of the size of new city about the size of India or half the size of USA. I can't imagine more than about 1.2 billion souls in this area: the resurrected-saved with their spiritual bodies just like Christ had when He was resurrected.

To determine the savings ration, see here (http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/savingsratio.htm).

You can see by this calculation, that Christ is going to return this century probably, otherwise the savings ratio gets too absurdly low.

Try your own calculations: you will see Christ could not have returned before the 21st century because the savings ratio would have been too high, higher than in the millennium, which makes no sense.

Therefore, Christ will probably return this century especially considering Israel has reclaimed Jerusalem in 1969 and the prophecies of the sixth seal are almost completed (Rev. 6): e.g. man landed on the moon and entered into space to see the darkened eclipsed sun and total red lunar eclipse of the moon: these are the signs of the sun and the moon.

It is soon. Real soon as the nations of the earth will bring a 200 million machine army to fight in the middle east (Rev. 9.16) over oil, and nuclear weapons, and maybe bird flue, will be the cause of killing 1/3 of the people of the earth (Rev. 9.18).

Previous wars in history were over some vital resource.

Then Christ returns to stop it! He returns in Person to step down on the mount of olives, returning just as He left to the clouds, then from the clouds.

Many do not have faith to believe this.

Ruah Brit
01-08-2006, 01:13 AM
There are only 144,000 priests of Christ's kingdom who were worthy to obtain the catching away and the resurection of the dead in Christ. Then there are the subjects of the Kingdom, that Christ and His Priest's will rule over. They will number one third of the population of earth at the beginning of the great tribulation caused by the Lord's two prophets taking away God's supply and support from the planet. If this started today only 2.3 billion will move through the furnace into the kingdom.

Ruah Brit

Churchwork
01-08-2006, 03:31 AM
All Christians are going to be raised up, not just 144,000. Every single soul that is saved will receive a newly clothed spiritual body, not just 144,000.

The 144,000 are those who are virgins (Rev. 14), rather, who are saved, and are closest to Christ. The reason for their being closest to Christ is not because they are the most spiritual, but because of their virginity. In the new city and new earth, we will no longer partake in marriage.

At first rapture before the trumpets of Tribulation, about 1/7th of living overcomers will be raptured (one of the 7 churches was spiritual in the 7 churches in Rev. 2 & 3) as well as the martyrs in the past 20 centuries. Those that are alive and left along with those waiting in hades, will be raised together near the end of the Tribulation at the 7th trumpet resurrection.

Only the believers in the 1st resurrection (which comes out of the general resurrection) will receive the reward of reigning with Christ in the millennial kingdom. Many believers will be considered non-overcomers and will lose this reward.

There will not be 1/3 of the people of the earth as overcomers or subjects. This number, Ruah Brit, that you take out of a hat is without Scriptural basis.

The two prophets are Enoch and Elijah returning from their rapture to die as the two witnesses (the only two in the Bible that did not die). They do not take away God's supply but add to His design.

In the woese of the Tribulation 1/3 of the people of the earth would die according to Rev. 9.18. If there is 7.5 billion people today, that would leave 5 billion on the planet, not 2.3 billion.

Razor
01-08-2006, 04:17 AM
Sigh... Greetings again to all.

God wills that all men be saved and brought to the knowledge of the Truth, God has purposed on this and will not turn from this.

Why speak of how many will be saved, when the greater body of Evidence in the Bible pertains to Universal Salvation for all... nobody... not one person who has ever lived will miss out in the end.

Many will learn the hard way true... but all will one day know the Kingdom of God, because that was Gods plan from the begining.

God has the power to do this, he has already made his will known on this in scripture... and we all know that Gods will could never be thwarted by anybody or anything.

Peace to you all

Churchwork
01-08-2006, 04:33 AM
Razor,

The Bible does not say there is a universal salvation, otherwise why do you think hell is so vast and Jesus talked about it so much, more than anyone else? It is because He does not want you to go there despite your insistence. I can see you do not believe hell is an eternal separation from God in your profile. Nor do you accept laying on of hands in acceptance into the body of Christ. Both of your beliefs agree that you are one of the tares (Matthew 13).

The reason to know roughly the number of saved as indicated by the size of the new city is to show how many are really saved in proportion to the total number of souls. Claiming everyone will be saved is a reflection on how dead your conscience is towards God.

bertie
01-09-2006, 02:56 AM
im gonna call you on that one try-Enoch-Elijah-Melchezedek-three men in the bible that did not die........please remove the only two men in the bible comment ,or correct it.

Churchwork
01-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Enoch and Elijah were raptured. No mention of Melchizedek being raptured.

~~TurboWaitress~~
01-21-2006, 04:45 AM
I know it mentions in the bible that the path to heaven is narrow, but as christians we can preach to those who do not have christ in their lives, and guide back those lost ones, that is our duty.

~~TurboWaitress~~

***At the service of the lord***

:angel:

Churchwork
01-21-2006, 09:25 AM
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14.6).

Jesus says He is the only way to God the Father. It is wide enough for the whole world, if the world chooses to accept it.

"I assure you, I am the gate for the sheep," he said (10.7).

The problem is not everyone accepts Jesus as the gate to go through.

bertie
01-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Enoch and Elijah were raptured. No mention of Melchizedek being raptured.
Hi troy,It does not tell us Melchezedek was raptuerd,but it tells us he was not born nor will ever die....at least thats what my translation has......
He remains a mystery figure this unique being whom tithes were given to.........
Though Gods will is that not one be lost,it is our free choice which will determine our fate.....Every man must conciously choose to follow the Lord.If he does not,then he or she will be lost......
How can all men be saved when we know that there is an unforgivable sin.?Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit.-Thus those for sure who commit this sin will be surely damned.ergo not all will be saved.Now there is one for sure way to damnation,why cant there be other ways to reject salvation?Will God save you against your will?NO.......

Churchwork
01-22-2006, 09:30 PM
bertie,

Yes, there are a million and one ways to reject Christ.

I don't think the Scriptures say Melchizedek was never born, for all men were born.

What he seems to point to is a spiritual man who had authority and special blessing from the Lord.

He would be an overcomer in Christ, and he would die to be resurrected with the rest of the saved at the consummation of this age.

Only Enoch and Elijah are the only two men that were raptured alive for their overcoming.

Just like Job was before the time of Moses, Melchizedek has his own independent line. And as an overcomer he is a type of Christ.

The important point of Melchizedek is that he is greater than the levitical priesthood. Just as Abraham is less than Melchizedek so is Levi.

Melchizedek was God's first priest. This preisthood will go on for eternity without beginning or end. God intends for all His saved to be priests.

The peak concerning progress spoken in Hebrews is reached in Chapters 5 and 6. Chapter 5 speaks of Melchizedek, about whom the writer says: "Of whom we have many things to say, and hard of interpretation, seeing ye are become dull of hearing" (v.11). You ought to have fully grown, yet you are still pitifully old babies. You should be able to take the solid food of the word of righteousness but, sad to say, you are in need of milk. Then Chapter 6 is addressed to those who teach. In their teaching there should be progress instead of confining it merely to the six elementary doctrines of repentance from dead works, faith toward God, the teaching of baptisms, the laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment [ for those of you who do not eternal separation from God]. So we may plainly perceive that Hebrews 6.1-8 does not deal with the problem of initial salvation but with the problem of progress. The aim of this Epistle to the Hebrews is to point toward progress, not toward salvation. We will be seriously mistaken if we confuse the theme.

All those who are saved will be priests. The question remains, then, only to WHEN will they reach the point where they can no longer be hurt by the second death? The answer is most do not reach that point before they die. Only a few are deemed overcomers. Non-overcomers in Christ will lose their reward of reigning during the millennial kingdom, but will be pillars after in the new city and new earth.

Bertie, I really wanted you to understand this matter of accountability.

Paoli
09-18-2006, 01:43 PM
According to scripture more people will be in hell than in heaven.
The road is narrow and few will take the narrow road.
My estimate is that most people sitting in churches on sundaymorning are not saved.
I attend a church now for about 8 months and not once have I heard anyone asked if some are not born again.
I hear a lot about socials where they drink coffee and eat cookies, maybe I should go there to find out what they talk about, it could well be the subject of being born again, who knows... it's just I don't like cookies that much.:)