PDA

View Full Version : Examing Watchman Nee

Churchwork
09-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Examining Watchman Nee

I find I agree with everything Watchman Nee said except that he perhaps could have been a bit harder on gibberish babble of Pentecostalism, since I can't find anywhere in the Scriptures where they did that with tongues. He did call it "baby talk" and "kindergarten" that will never build up the church past being carnal. I know what he was trying to do, not offend anyone, like when Paul went into the Jewish temple even though he was a Christian.

The other thing about Nee is he accepted women apostles, but not women elders, but this is simply due to the fact of his society he was in. They weren't ready for women elders, then Nee was merely complying with this, just as men were not ready for women elders in the first century.

But today there is no excuse to deny women elders. They are prime ministers of countries and ceo's of corporations. I hear women can vote now too. :winked: It is possible not to progress which is not healthy.

I think I provided adequate proof to these claims in the links to the questions. After saying all that, the 37 questions are important questions for me and others to discern another person's understanding of the Word, not for mere facts, but a real sense of where they stand in their understanding of overall principles.

The calling is this: there will be 3 then 12 then more who will agree in all 37 questions. From Nee flowed 200 Apostles at the peak, but then sorta died down.

Why did it die down? I think it is because not standing firm in some things and being clear. We need to be clear about tongues, that there is no gibberish babble, as well as other matters.

That is the point of the questions, a very powerful foundation of agreement. If in Nee's day, there was agreement, but not as strong as this in these questions, then you can see what would be the cause of the dying down.

Paoli
09-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Who is "Nee"?

Churchwork
09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/WNwho.htm