PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Year Loss of Rewards

Churchwork
08-09-2006, 03:13 PM
1000 Year Loss of Rewards

The answer to a person who says the right things yet still refuses Christ is right there in Matt. 22.11 regarding the man not wearing proper clothings for a wedding (his own righteousness) instead of Christ as his righteousness (wedding-garment). And Watchman Nee points out that the man "thinks his own garment is good enough". This man is saved though (as we will see below), but the unsaved do not accept Christ.

And outer darkness, is immediately addressed in v.13. What is on my mind or spirit is immediately being answered in the coming pages. Isn't that amazing? I knew the answer for some time now, but it was on my mind again lately, so again the Scriptures confront me with it. It is like God is reading my queries in mind or spirit as each chapter progresses through God's foreknowledge for our benefit to build up our spirits.

Nee doesn't say in this case if this outer darkness is for non-believers or believers in KKH. The first instance was Matt. 8.12. The Kingdom of Heaven applies now and in the future as we shall see.

When I read these verses I have to decide between whether outer darkness includes the saved non-overcomers or the tares unsaved in the kingdom of heaven. But I know outer darkness is for saved non-overcomers (I just know it: for it explains the component, loss of rewards), so the aspect of the kingdom of heaven that these verses are referring to includes (2) spiritual conduct (Matt. 5-7) and (3) reigning in the millennium-to-come (Rev. 20.4), but does not include the unsaved in (1) outward sphere or boundary (Matt. 13) which has wheat and tares - the unsaved tares are hellbound, not outer darkness-bound. Hell has fire about it, is a furnace and is darkness (meaning their eyes are blinded forever). Outer darkness is a temporary place of discipline concurrent with the millennial rewards.

This is the only possible explanation. Can a Christian not put on Christ as their righteousness. Yes, they can be saved, but carnal, being self-righteous. This is the judgment seat calling the guests to the wedding.

"Many are called, few are chosen" - chosen refers to overcomers in Christ, but there will be many saved.

"Weeping and gnashing of teeth" - refers to sorrow and regret for loss of rewards.