PDA

View Full Version : Rev. 5.9 ASV

Churchwork
08-09-2006, 02:55 PM
As I am reading KKH (King and the Kingdom of Heaven by Watchman Nee), the words used are so different in the ASV than say RSV or NASB or even NKJV. And NLT is way out but helpful with English. Today, any Bible versions past ASV are out of wack. I had originally thought RSV was the best because it was produced immediately after two world wars and was used in the The Spiritual Man (by Nee), but that is not true at all, actually. Nee wrote SM with ASV, but for some reason the publisher uses RSV primarily. After I finish reading the Bible up in the next year I am going to read ASV, which is clearly the best version by far, though we still must adhere to the "open" Bible. More often I find the ASV the best, so it is the best one. These are God's code words being forsaken for lesser derivations. A good test is Rev. 5.9. The word should be "them", not "us", otherwise it would not be the angels praising men, but men praising themselves which leads to pride. ASV, RSV, NLT, NASB, and Darby's got it right. But KJV, NKJV, Youngs, HNV, Websters got it wrong.