PDA

View Full Version : Did Jesus Claim to Be God?

Churchwork
08-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Only God has the Power to Forgive Sins and When God is Vainly Being Tempted By the Devil or by Men, God Says Don't Tempt Him.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit and [in] fire:
Mat 3:12 whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his threshing-floor; and he will gather his wheat into the garner, but the chaff he will burn up with unquenchable fire.
Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John would have hindered him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 But Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffereth him.
Mat 3:16 And Jesus when he was baptized, went up straightway from the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him;
Mat 3:17 and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mat 4:5 Then the devil taketh him into the holy city; and he set him on the pinnacle of the temple,
Mat 4:6 and saith unto him, If thou art the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and, On their hands they shall bear thee up, Lest haply thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, Again it is written, Thou shalt not make trial of the Lord thy God.
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him unto an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 and he said unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Mat 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him; and behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
5 Then the Devil took him to Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, 6 and said, "If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say,

`He orders his angels to protect you.
And they will hold you with their hands
to keep you from striking your foot on a stone.' (Psalms 91.11-12) "

7 Jesus responded, "The Scriptures also say, `Do not test the Lord your God.' (Deuteronomy 6.16) "
8 Next the Devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him the nations of the world and all their glory. 9 "I will give it all to you," he said, "if you will only kneel down and worship me."
10 "Get out of here, Satan," Jesus told him. "For the Scriptures say,

`You must worship the Lord your God;
serve only him.' (Deuteronomy 6.13) "

11 Then the Devil went away, and angels came and cared for Jesus.

Mar 1:12 And straightway the Spirit driveth him forth into the wilderness.
Mar 1:13 And he was in the wilderness forty days tempted of Satan; And he was with the wild beasts; And the angels ministered unto him.

Only God has the power to forgive sins,
Matthew 9.1-2 Jesus climbed into a boat and went back across the lake to his own town. 2 Some people brought to him a paralyzed man on a mat. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "Take heart, son! Your sins are forgiven."

Paoli
09-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Yes, Jesus claimed to be God.
Beware of any organisations, such as JW and others, saying otherwise.

People who try to come to God without accepting Jesus Christ as God, are deceiving themselves and they often try to deceive others also.

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, (1st Timothy 4:1-2)

These people are insensitive to their spirit, or conscience, that God has given them. Some of these people think that they have found a higher consciousness in themselves but they are deceived by their own corrupt soul.